Students are able to borrow books from the library once a week on a Thursday with their class.
Every child, every opportunity
Feilman Drive, Leda 6170 (08) 9414 2080
We believe that our sensory room provides an environment in which student's with limited communication skills can develop a range of early cognitive and communication skills required for higher level language development.
The sensory room will provide students with a reason and opportunities to communicate. Communication may include sequencing, turn taking, object referencing, sign language, symbols and use of voice.
The sensory room will provide stimulation but also be calming. It will be a 'failure free' environment.
At Leda ESC our school uniform colours are red tops and black bottoms. Please complete the uniform link below and hand into the office.
School Bus Services
School Bus Services (SBS) is responsible for providing eligible rural students and students with special needs, free transport assistance to and from school on contracted 'Orange' school buses. These services are critical to enable students to attend school regularly.
On a Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 8.00am we have breakfast club at school in the Staff Room.
All students from both Leda Schools are welcome to attend, eat a nice breakfast and interact with their peers before starting their school day.
Child and Parent Centre - Calista
The Child and Parent Centre - Calista is run in Kwinana by Ngala Community Services in partnership with Calista Primary School. The Child and Parent Centre - Calista works to listen and respond to parents and the changing needs of families and communities, to promote healthy child development, by offering a range of inclusive, evidence-informed and evidence-based support services.
Whilst the centre is located at Calista Primary School, it is also available to families in Orelia, Leda, Parmelia, Wellard and Bertram. The centre offers programs to families with children from birth to four years, however families with children up to eight years old can access the centre.
Services and Supports available through the Centre include:
- Playgroups for various age groups
- Specialised programs to support school preparation and transition to school
- Maternal and child health services through Allied Health Professionals
- Early Parenting Groups
- Parenting Sessions and programs such as Circle of Security, Triple P, Protective Behaviours, Sleep and Behaviour workshops
- Family support services, parenting advise, resources and information
- Access to the Ngala Parenting Line
- Parent groups for fathers, multicultural families and parents of children with additional needs
- Annual events such as during NAIDOC, Book Week, Harmony Week and Children's week
- School Holiday activities
- Referrals to other services
Please click on the link below to access the Child and Parent Centre's webpage
Click below to view upcoming workshops