Our belief is that students learn best when -
- They are physically, socially and emotionally healthy.
- They are in a safe, secure, nuturing environment with supportive boundries.
- They are in a positive, relevant, stimulating environment
- They are provided with the opportunity to interact and access the broader community environment
- They attend school regularly
- Teachers, parents and community member work together to benefit the child
- The teaching program reflects the individual’s learning style and curriculum
Our beliefs about teaching and learning -
- Students learn in different ways and their learning programs reflect this.
- Teaching needs to foster students taking responsibility for their own learning and setting challenging yet realistic goals for improvement.
- Effective pedagogy is purposeful, challenging and connected to a student’s experience, stage of development and background.
- Learning programs need to acknowledge and build on where students are at with their learning. They need to be culturally and developmentally appropriate and have real life application.
- The mental, physical health and well being of students and staff is a priority.
- Learning occurs wher student, home and school have a common goal, interact positively and are mutually supportive.